If you feel dryness and distress in your throat, you should know that there are many home remedies. There are two types of cough: wet and dry. Wet cough is always accompanied by mucus expectoration, while dry cough presents no mucus, but it causes pain in the throat due to the dryness. Even if cough can be really disturbing and irritating, it can help you clean your respiratory tract. Usually, the main cause of this condition can be a cold, but there are many other factors that can cause it too.
What Are the Causes?
Before presenting you some efficient dry cough home remedies, let us see what causes this condition. A viral infection or a cold is one of the most common conditions that can cause dry cough. This condition can also be provoked by various allergic or irritating substances or flavors such as fumes, pollen, perfumes, or any other chemicals. Certain medications such as ACE inhibitors, asthma, and blockage of the airways by food, a pill or powder are also factors that can make dry cough occur.
No matter the cause of this condition, here are a few dry cough remedies you can follow in order to alleviate or even to get rid of this unpleasant condition.
- Black radish juice can be very efficient in treating dry cough. Scoop a black radish and fill the hole with sugar. Put in into a warm place (near the heater, for example) and leave it there for six hours; it will produce a sweet juice. Take three spoons of this radish juice three times a day.
- Prepare a mixture made of ½ liter of beer and four spoons of honey. Drink this “juice” slowly, before going to sleep.
- Never let your body get dehydrated. Drink as many liquids as possible to alleviate chest congestion.
- Take seven almond kernels and put them into a glass with water for ten or twelve hours. After that, remove their skin and use a grinder to transform the kernels into a paste. Make a mixture using the resulting paste, twelve grams of butter, and twelve grams of sugar. Administer it twice a day, in the morning and in the evening.
- One of the most popular home remedies is grape juice. Mix one cup of grape juice and one teaspoon of honey; consume this mixture every day. You will see the difference!
- Make an oregano tea to alleviate this condition. A cup of green tea and honey can also be very useful.
- Achieve a humidifier and install it into your bedroom to alleviate dry cough.
- A cup of hot milk can be a good remedy. Drink it before going to sleep.
- Put three tablespoons of lemon juice into a glass and mix them with ¼ cup of warm water and one cup of honey. Stir very well and administer twice a day.
These are just a few of the remedies that can help you alleviate the pain you feel in your throat and feel better.